LONESTAR U8-10 JR. Academy
Lonestar Jr. Academy is the largest youth Academy in South Texas and provides premier youth development program for U8, U9, & U10 players in Central Texas. Our program is designed specifically for those players who desire advanced training from the Lonestar professional staff. The Academy program emphasizes developing the complete player in all 4 pillars of the game including: technical, tactical, physical, and psychological. All academy players are expected to demonstrate focus, and a willingness to compete and develop, as they prepare for select soccer. CLICK HERE for an age chart.
For program details or questions, please contact our
Lonestar Jr. Academy Registrar, Grant Stettner.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Office: 512.899.1049
Please contact a specific location director if you have any questions.
North Location (T&C and WCRP) – Vijay Dixit – email@example.com
South Location (Westcreek) – Benn Fernie – firstname.lastname@example.org
Steiner Ranch/Riverplace – Robert Lopez – email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What can I expect from the Lonestar Soccer Jr. Academy Program?
- A season with the highest level professional training staff & a coach
- Allows players & parents to familiarize themselves with the Lonestar mindset
- High level of competition between the 75+ Academy teams at multiple sites in the Lonestar Academy program
- Clear structure for both practices & game days throughout the season.
- Different different age groups creating a competitive atmosphere
- CLICK HERE to review the Jr. Academy Roles & Expectations
Q: How do I know if my son/daughter is ready for the Jr. Academy?
- Arrange an evaluation session with one of our Directors by contacting the Lonestar office. Some players are ready for the move up to the Academy at U8’s, and over the past few seasons this has been the trend.
Q: What other programs are offered by Lonestar Soccer Club?
- Lonestar Developmental Training is available for age’s U5 to U10. For more information, CLICK HERE or email Coach Josh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lonestar Premier Soccer Camps are offered throughout the year, ages 5-12. For more information, please visit www.lonestarsoccercamp.com.
- Lonestar offers Select soccer to competitive players ages U11-U18 including DII, SII, DI, Premier League, SCL, National Premier League, USSF Development Academy National League (USSF) & Elite Clubs National League (ECNL).
Q: What if my son/daughter is not old enough for the Jr. Academy?
- Consider one of our recreational affiliates:
Q: What does the Lonestar Jr. Academy provide?
- The Lonestar Academy provides:
- Over 800 players from over 75 different teams to compete at the highest level
- The only club in Austin to provide its own competitive league – Allowing us to make sure games are developmentally competitive throughout the season
- 5 different locations to choose from, with state of the art fields & facilities
- Fall Season: August-November / Spring Season: February-May
- A set schedule of 8-12 competitive games
- Professional game day coaching
- Group Academy picture day for all Academy players
- Opportunity for parents & players to familiarize themselves with the Lonestar Soccer Club philosophy, values and methods
- The Lonestar Soccer Club offers one of the best and most experienced coaching staff in the country. Our coaches are all nationally licensed and have coached at every level including the state, regional, and national team levels.
- Academy players participate in one or more tournaments throughout the season. Several tournaments recently participated in include:
- Austin Labor Day Cup (September)
- Town & Country Fall Festival (November)
- LSC Academy Classic (February)
- FC Dallas Pre-Thanksgiving Day Tournament
- Final Four Showcase, College Station, TX
Lonestar Premier Academy League
The Lonestar Soccer Club administers the Lonestar Premier Academy League. This is the largest academy league in the Austin area with over 60 teams competing. All teams that train in the “Lonestar” network are eligible to play in this league. The academy is appropriate for motivated soccer players from U8-U10.
Lonestar Academy Network
The goal of the Lonestar academy system is early development of players. We have training locations distributed around Austin to provide families with convenient access to professional training. The goal is to have players training close to home. We work very hard to make sure each of these programs is well organized with professional coaching.
- Lonestar Academy: This academy trains at multiple locations including Westcreek, Town & Country, Steiner Ranch & WCRP (CC United). Lonestar founded this academy in 2007 when we began directly administering the CC United academy. This academy is administered by the Lonestar Soccer Club with all training and coaching from Lonestar staff.
- Westlake Soccer Academy: This academy trains in the Westlake area and is administered by Westlake Youth Soccer. These teams play in the Lonestar Premier Academy League.
Lonestar is very excited about our recent mergers with the AU Capitals Soccer Club and CC United, as well as our ongoing partnerships with TC Sports and Westlake Youth Soccer.
Lonestar Academy Alumni Successes:
Lonestar SC 2004-2012
- Over 500 Lonestar SC players on to college rosters:
- 2008 class included 70+ players signing letters of intent to play in college
- 2009 class included 85+ players signing letters of intent to play in college
- 2010 class included 90+ players signing letters of intent to play in college
- 2011 class projects 115 players moving on to play college soccer
- 2012 class projects 125 players moving on to play college soccer
- Colleges include: UT, Wake Forest, Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, A&M, SMU, Rice, Creighton, St Edwards, Trinity, Stanford, Syracuse, Oregon State, Washington University, Georgetown, USC, Hardin Simmons, Southwestern, HBU… the list goes on and on.
- Members of the prestigious USSFDA, ECNL & NPL (Pre USSFDA) National Leagues
- 4 National Finalists, 1 National Championship Title
- 1 ECNL National Championship Title
- 2 Teams qualified for ECNL National Championship Final IV in 2011
- 19 Regional Appearances, 4 Regional Champions
- 64 State Titles
- 10+ National Pool Players
- 35+ Regional Pool Players
- Disney, CASL, Dallas Cup Champions
- 12 Lonestar SC players have progressed to sign professional contracts in the last 6 years
Leander Youth Soccer, Hutto Youth Soccer, South Austin Youth Soccer, Steiner Youth Soccer, Cedar Park Youth Soccer, Pflugerville Youth Soccer, Round Rock Youth Soccer, Georgetown Youth Soccer, Circle C Youth Soccer