- How do I create an EVENT Roster? Navigate to the event application from your team GotSoccer account. Once in the event application, navigate to the roster tab. You should see a drop down option to select the roster you would like to use for the event. Use the drop down to select "event roster" then enter your player information. You should be able to select players from your league roster and add guest players if you have them. Most organizations lock out default or league rosters so it is important to create an event roster if you intend to use guest players. This information is also used to create a profile book with team and player information. This book is provided to all college coaches who attend the event. The team and player information is pulled directly from GotSoccer so it is important that the information is updated at least 3 weeks prior to the tournament.
- Can I register my U15 team for the Showcase? Yes. Depending on space availability and competition level, some U15 teams may be accepted into the event. Your team may register to play "up" into the U16 group. Like all teams in the event, staff will ensure that those teams will be placed in a group of similarly competitive teams.
- Can I register my team after the deadline? Yes. The registration link will remain open to accept teams but teams that register after the deadline may not be accepted into the event. The tournament director will review late registrations but may waitlist teams depending on several factors--including late registration. For this reason it is best to register as early as possible.
- When will I know if my team has been accepted? Teams are generally accepted once the team registration fee has been received.
- Can my team commute or stay with friends/family? No. The tournament requires that all out of town teams make hotel accommodations through Anthony Travel. Teams who do not follow this rule may be disqualified from the event and forfeit the registration fee. This rule applies to all non-Austin teams.
- Can I pay for my team registration online? Yes. The event application in GotSoccer will allow you to select pay by check or pay by credit card payment methods. If you would like to pay by credit card you will need to select this method and enter your credit card information. GotSoccer will not charge your card immediately. GotSoccer simply retains your information so that the tournament director can batch the credit card transaction when the team is accepted into the event. Remember, teams are generally not accepted into the event until payment has been received.
- Do team managers need to provide gamecards? No. The tournament will print gamecards and provide them to the referee site coordinator. The referee will be responsible for returning the gamecard to the tournament director. Review the rules document for additional information.
- Can a player participate in the showcase if he/she is wearing a hardcast? No. This is a strict STYSA policy. Under no circumstances will players with hardcasts be permitted to play. Review the tournament rules document and/or STYSA policy for additional information. This rule will be enforced regardless of the team affiliation (USYS or US Club).