The Summer Elite Series is a comprehensive 6 week training and match program executed and coached by elite Lonestar staff. Players are assigned to teams at the beginning of the program for the most effective training and most competitive games possible, and participate in a weekly training session tailored around the most fundamental and critical attributes of a current or potential Lonestar player. Teams then compete in a weekly 5v5 game and practice the application of the training topics in a fun, competitive game environment with the coaches.
U8 (2011)-U10 (2009)
- Weeks 1 & 4 - First Touch
- - Development of the player's first touch in regards to body shape and direction, as well as decision making when moving away from pressure.
- - Proficiency with both feet and body surfaces to receive with different services and turn into a new area.
- - Developed by Lorne Cameron, Boys Competitive Director
- Weeks 2 & 5 - Running With The Ball
- - Development of dribbling to create attacking shape and to commit defenders to create chances
- - Execution of dribbling to beat defenders and/or penetrate into space to create goal-scoring opportunities
- - Developed by Sergio Torres, 08B Pre-DA Head Coach
- Weeks 3 & 6 - Ball Striking
- - Improve ball striking abilities in order to more effectively pass, shoot, and cross balls into dangerous areas.
- - Proficiency of ball striking with multiple surfaces of the foot from varying distances.
- - Developed by Maca Teale, Girls Competitive Director
U11 (2008)-U13 (2006)
- Weeks 1 & 4 - Defending
- - Key principles of defending including pressing, delay & recover, developing compactness, and pressure/cover/balance
- - Developed by Zack Pope, 07G Age Group Coordinator
- Weeks 2 & 5 - Transition to Defend/Attack
- - Key principles of transition to defend including counter pressing, delay & recover, defensive shape, and making play predictable.
- - Key principles of transition to attack including securing possession, forward passing & running, and attacking shape.
- - Developed by Dewi Hardman, U13B Development Academy Coach
- Weeks 3 & 6 - Attacking
- - Key principles of attacking including penetration, support & mobility, width & depth, improvisation.
- - Developed by Jackie Pope, 08G Pre-DA Head Coach
Questions? Email [email protected] 10% fee is retained for all refunds, except in cases of injury or relocation. Space is limited to the first 48 players that register at each location.